Could you help steer and govern a local and dynamic housing and support charity to continued success?
Are you committed to improving lives?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join Haven as a Trustee Board Member (voluntary unpaid position). We are a learning organisation striving for constant improvement. We require passionate, dedicated and enterprising individuals able to contribute fully to the Board functioning in an ever-evolving sector.
We can offer you:
• An opportunity to join an experienced and dedicated Trustee Board
• The scope to work strategically alongside a small, professional and skilled management team that lead an agile and highly skilled workforce
• The confidence of joining a financially stable organisation.
Haven has been improving the lives of single, homeless people for over 40 years. Our staff work with a range of partners to provide accommodation and support to those who need assistance. We pride ourselves on offering safe and suitable accommodation alongside a person-centred approach to support and assistance. We enable people to move on to appropriate long-term housing using a wide range of tools including strategic education and training.
We are looking for people to join our Board who can demonstrate their ability to:
• Help steer Haven through further development of its strategic direction
• Understand the difference between governance and management roles
• Think strategically and creatively
• Set clear objectives and effectively performance manage
• be a role model and committed to the values of the organisation
• Have a track record of motivating others to strive for excellence
The successful applicant needs to be a mentally agile individual, ideally with voluntary, commercial, financial, probation, housing or social care sector experience and preferably with some knowledge of the commissioning or delivery of services.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We would particularly welcome applications from individuals who have some personal experience of being either a beneficiary or provider of care or support services.
If interested, please email a letter of application describing what you could bring to the role and why you would want to work with Haven along with a copy of your CV to: Please mark it for the attention of the Chair, Nitin Shukla.
Alternatively, please phone 0191 477 5605 at to arrange for an informal chat with the Chair or Vice Chair.